Tuesday 25 September 2012

So yesterday was possibly the most nerve racking, emotional, and most amazing day of my life. I finally had my interview at Alexander McQueen, to be an intern in the Archives. I've been preparing for months, trying to keep myself calm, because lets face it - it's a huge deal.

I've worked so so hard on my degree, and have put 200% into every piece of work I do, and I can finally say that it's starting to pay off! The interview itself was not as bad as I thought it would be, and I got shown around the archives of one the greatest Fashion Houses in the world.

Getting to see key collections, couture pieces, custom made gowns was a dream come true. I even got to see my favourite collection, VOSS from S/S 2001, which was more lovely that I could ever imagine - the feathers, the intricate stitching and general beauty of the garments was incredible.

I can finally see a future coming together. I start in two weeks, i'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment