Monday 18 March 2013

Raptusound: Smooth Styling.

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of working with a great Leicester based band, Raptusound. I was asked to style their latest shoot, by their photographer Scott Choucino, and I jumped at the chance. I've been trying to think of new ways to get more experience in the industry, and styling is something I love to do.
The location was a beautiful Victorian house in a rural village on the outskirts of Leicester - Possibly one of the most beautiful places I've seen! (They even had a pool, and a beautiful fountain which was like the one from Atonement). Although the weather was quite dull and gloomy, the atmosphere was great - the band are a group of genuine, friendly guys, and working with them was a pleasure.
The band consists of Chris, Tristan and Jack - they all play their own instruments, write their own songs and play some great gigs - a REAL band, playing real music.
(Click HERE to be linked to their website)





 
Some of the final images from the shoot - the guys wanted a 1920s style theme, so there was LOTS of slicked back hair and sharp suits. Tristan (final photo) wears a 1920s smoking jacket I supplied from Jazzy Jeff's Junk - and I must say, once that jacket was on he got into the 1920s Dapper mode almost instantly!
 
The final shots look incredible - Scott is a great photographer and I can't wait to work with him again. If you are Leicester based - Raptusound are playing a gig THIS FRIDAY at Crumblin' Cookie - Link to Facebook event here.
Lots more photos will be coming, and hopefully I shall be attending the gig on Friday so will be able to once again tell you all how incredible Raptusound are!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment