Tuesday 9 July 2013

French Summer

I've just received shots from my shoot with Jazzy Jeff's Junk that me and my photographer Joe Vozza did at the beautiful Café Bruxelles in Leicester last week. I chose the venue because of its gorgeous décor, it has a roof like the one in Beauty and The Beast and has an incredible French vibe, which I thought would work perfectly with the crazy 1980s clothes I was using. The clash between the smart French style and the bright and quite garish clothes works well, and in the final edited pieces looks wonderful.
I used a gorgeous Bulgarian model called Stassy, who was so natural and poised in front of the camera - she was a pleasure to work with, and as you can see from the shots, photographs beautifully!

Here are some of my favourite shots from the shoot, the rest can be viewed here. I've been sourcing lots of crazy prints lately - everything from 1980s Club Tropicana style to 90s Grunge. The final outfits are a mix of classy and crazy - sometimes adding a clashing print adds a twist to something that would usually be considered 'safe'. Summer has always been the best season to experiment in, so I chose lots of jumpsuits, light silk blouses and maxi skirts and dresses - most of which can be toned down with some nude flats and minimal jewellery for a daytime look, or maxed out with chunky heels and lots of decadent jewellery for evenings out.





Photography: Joe Vozza.
Styling by Myself.
Hair by Mikey Palmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment